PDA

View Full Version : March 3rd updates

alicez
2010-03-03, 16:59
:confused:

In the past when I downloaded updates, I always had to Immunize because many categories were showing 'Unprotected.'

However, today when I downloaded the March 3rd updates for my WinXP notebook and Win7 (64-Bit) desktop, I noticed that nothing was marked "Unprotected."

Why wasn't anything marked as "Unprotected," as always happened in the past?

Is this something new?

firebrddriver
2010-03-03, 17:10
I had the same results,,I've started a thread here about it,,its called,,"Is this normal". It has never happened to me before and I use spybot on 3 computers,,two with XP and the other Vista. It just seems very odd that this happened, at least I know I'm not alone with this.

rivermandave
2010-03-03, 18:42
I just had the same thing happen to me.

WinXP Home IE7

Seems really odd :snorkle:

ANd I noticed that the total # of protected is the same as it was 2 days ago.

firebrddriver
2010-03-03, 18:50
I got a reply in my thread but it really doesn't address the issue I don't think.

DrDemento
2010-03-03, 22:44
Same happened to me on 3 XP computers this morning. Did not really think about until I saw these posts. Was the first time that I had nothing to immunize that i can recall.

firebrddriver
2010-03-03, 22:51
Same happened to me on 3 XP computers this morning. Did not really think about until I saw these posts. Was the first time that I had nothing to immunize that i can recall.

Exactly what I posted in my thread.

rivermandave
2010-03-04, 00:01
I agree...especially as the total # of "Protected" didn't change...so the "Immunize" hasn't been "automated".

I got a reply in my thread but it really doesn't address the issue I don't think.

Rosenfeld
2010-03-04, 01:11
Not every update necessarily includes additional sites to be imunized against.

rivermandave
2010-03-04, 03:26
That MAY be true...but a "heads up" to users would be most Professional ;-)

I've been using SpyBot for over 5 years now...and this is the first instance of that happening ;)

Not every update necessarily includes additional sites to be imunized against.

onDvine
2010-03-04, 03:48
... Why wasn't anything marked as "Unprotected," as always happened in the past? ...
The same thing happened on June 24, 2009 (the day I joined here) and was discussed in this thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=49581) which included an explanatory post:

Hello,
there were just no new domains in this update. So don't worry about that

Best regards,
Markus
Gotta assume there were no new domains added today, either.

firebirddriver
2010-03-04, 03:51
Man,,thats funny,,I was the one who started that thread,,I thought it never happened to me before,,my memory is really slipping,,,lol.

tomdkat
2010-03-04, 05:11
I've been running Spybot for years (since 1.3) and I've seen many updates which didn't require a new immunization. So, this isn't anything unusual or any cause for concern.

Peace...

onDvine
2010-03-04, 15:40
... my memory is really slipping,,,lol.
Until I found the thread from last June, I thought it happened a year or two ago. So yours isn't the only memory that's slipping. ;)

rivermandave
2010-03-04, 16:24
Thanks for ya'all's recollection of past incidents :)