PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

druboyks
2010-03-07, 19:01
I keep getting an error message from Windows 7 (bottom right hand corner of the screen, flag icon) that says that I need to fix an issue with Spybot. It goes onto say that "Spybot - Search & Destroy has stopped working properly." Any ideas how to fix it? It referred me to this site. I know I have spyware on my hard drivwe, b/c my Windows Media player won't work right sometimes. Before I got the Win 7 error message, this was a big indicator that I needed to clean the hard drive of spyware. If anyone can help, thanks.

tashi
2010-03-07, 19:15
Hello druboyks,

I know I have spyware on my hard drivwe,

Please follow the instructions in this link to produce a HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Best regards. :)

druboyks
2010-03-07, 19:24
Ok, sorry...my mist.

tashi
2010-03-07, 19:30
No problem, :flowers: would be a good idea to let someone take a look at the system. :)

druboyks
2010-03-08, 03:38
Actually, it's now working. Just uninstalled it and reinstalled it! One should always try the simple approach before the more complicated ones. I am pleased as punch.:D:

tashi
2010-03-08, 05:06
Hello druboyks

Actually, it's now working. Just uninstalled it and reinstalled it! One should always try the simple approach before the more complicated ones. I am pleased as punch.:D:
:bigthumb:

I know I have spyware on my hard drivwe, b/c my Windows Media player won't work right sometimes. Before I got the Win 7 error message, this was a big indicator that I needed to clean the hard drive of spyware

Have you successfully removed the infection/s?

Best regards.

druboyks
2010-03-09, 00:18
Hello druboyks

:bigthumb:

Have you successfully removed the infection/s?

Best regards.

Indeed the have been removed.