PDA

View Full Version : Does S&D Scan All Drives On PC?

DaveCass
2010-03-08, 05:12
Probably a dumb question,
I have two physical drives on my PC, c: and D:. When I start "Check for problems", does spybot scan all the drives on my PC? If so can I direct it to only scan the drive I want to (just the D: drive)?

Thanks for any help!

Dave C.

Firetree
2010-03-08, 05:35
Open Windows Explorer, and expand My Computer to show all your drives. Right click on the drive you want to check, and click on "Scan using Spybot S&D".

spybotsandra
2010-03-08, 10:21
Hello,

I am sorry, but that won't work. What firetree is talking about is the single files scanner of Spybot.
And as the name says it is a single files scanner, which is not supposed to be scanning whole drives, as this would take forever.

Please try this way:
Please have a look at the "Directories" in the "Settings" when you run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode". There you can add additional harddisks or folders.

You can also use the command line parameter allhives.
/allhives
Scans all windows installations on your system, even inactive ones.
Example: "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /allhives
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DaveCass
2010-03-08, 16:36
Thank you both.
SpybotSandra,
Found "Directories" in "Settings" in the "Advanced mode". I right click, "add a directory to the list" window comes up. I next pointed to "D" drive and made a new entry in "Download directory" window. It looks like this:
D:\
I will try this and let you know.

Again, thanks!
Dave C.

DaveCass
2010-03-08, 18:00
I did run scan with :D\ in the "Download directory". How do I know it scanned the D: drive? I look over the "View Report". Nothing jumped out at me that the drive had been scanned.

Dave

DaveCass
2010-03-09, 17:18
Anybody,
I did run scan with :D\ in the "Download directory". How do I know it scanned the D: drive? I look over the "View Report". Nothing jumped out at me that the drive had been scanned.

Dave