PDA

View Full Version : Vista Antispyware 2010

trapjaw76
2010-03-11, 19:37
So I got hit with this dreaded malware. It wouldn't even let me open up Adaware, but it did let me open Spybot. I ran it, it caught an exe file, and it seems to have done the job. Should I still be worried?

tashi
2010-03-11, 19:46
Hello trapjaw76 :welcome:

I ran it, it caught an exe file, and it seems to have done the job. Should I still be worried?

How is the computer running, does it show any sign of infection now?

If you suspect malware is present please see this forum's FAQ which details how to produce a HJT log and copy paste it into a new topic.
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

If HJT won't run please start a new topic anyway, make note of the situation and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.

trapjaw76
2010-03-11, 20:05
No it seems to be working ok, no more popups, and adaware opened fine after the spybot fix, I just wanted to gauge and see if anyone else had such a relatively easy time with this or if I should wait for this junk to pop up again.

tashi
2010-03-11, 21:59
Hi trapjaw76,

No it seems to be working ok, no more popups, and adaware opened fine after the spybot fix,
Glad to hear. :)

I just wanted to gauge and see if anyone else had such a relatively easy time with this or if I should wait for this junk to pop up again.
There are variables, if the infection returns please start a new topic providing the log and one of our volunteer analysts will take a look at the system.

BTW which security programs are installed?

Best regards.