PDA

View Full Version : It closes after scanning

John Space
2010-03-13, 14:08
Hi

(I hope this is the right place to post this thread.)

Every time I put my Spybot to make a full scan, it closes without even having solved problems (I have a trojan in my computer). Sometimes I open it again (as admin, of course) and it solves the problem but this time it's closing again and again.

I have just installed Spybot 1.6.2 in order to see if the problem was exclusive to the previous version but I'm still having that problem. What to do? Thank you.

___

MS Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, 2,0 GB RAM, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

tashi
2010-03-13, 17:07
Hello John Space,

(I have a trojan in my computer).

Which security program identified the Trojan and do you know the name of it? Did Spybot-S&D start closing before or after the computer was infected?

Also, have you tried running a scan in safe mode?

Best regards. :)

John Space
2010-03-13, 17:13
Something similar to "Win32 FraudPack", and it's located in a folder I still haven't found but that ends in "Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run"

I haven't tried Safe Mode yet. Is that the only way to effectively scan with SpyBot? :(

tashi
2010-03-13, 17:37
Hi John Space,

I haven't tried Safe Mode yet. Is that the only way to effectively scan with SpyBot?
Scanning with Spybot-S&D in safe mode allows the program to try and remove items that keep reappearing after a scan, despite having been 'fixed'.

Which security program identified the Trojan <snip> Did Spybot-S&D start closing before or after the computer was infected?

Also, do you have an up to date anti virus program installed?

Best regards.

John Space
2010-03-13, 21:35
Also, do you have an up to date anti virus program installed?

Best regards.

Well, while I was away in the last hours AVG has been asking me to restart the computer in order to update. That's a real coincidence (or maybe it isn't). However, I have had this problem before, when AVG didn't ask for restarts. I will let you know when I restart the computer.

John Space
2010-08-01, 17:20
And so, after all this time...
and scanning in Safe Mode...
and going to the Registry Editor to manually delete it...

FraudPack is still there.

In conclusion: SpyBot + AVG do not work with FraudPack.

I'm migrating to Ubuntu.

tashi
2010-08-02, 03:19
Hello John Space,

No information between March to August 2010? :)