View Full Version : system start up global entry

helyg321
2006-07-06, 15:53
hi every body,every time i start my pc i get a box saying
catagory-system startup global entry
change-value deleted
entry-user fault check
old data-%systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u

i click on allow but i do not tick the box for remember this change. can someone tell me what this is and should i tick the box for remember this change. thanks for any help that anyone gives, it will be much appreciated

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-06, 17:18
The Dumprep.exe tool is a Windows XP fault logging program. If a serious error occurs, Dumprep.exe writes the error details to a file. The Dumprep.exe tool then prompts you to send the error information to Microsoft.

To facilitate this, a startup entry is created for either %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k or %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u.

It does not matter if you allow or deny the entry because if the Dumpprep.exe is not loaded at startup it should be loaded if an error occurs as long as the Error Reporting facility has not been disabled.

I personally have "toggled" off my startup entry by using the Spybot's System Startup facility.

Dumpprep can be disabled (not recommended) as follows:
Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance (if in Category view) > System >Advanced tab >Error Reporting button >Error Reporting dialog.
There is more information and disabling instructions here:
The Windows XP-based computer may run slowly and you may receive Dumprep.exe error messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;899870&spid=1173&sid=216

Try refreshing TeaTimer's snapshots files and see if that gets rid of the recurring message you are getting at startup.

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshots were taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system. To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

helyg321
2006-07-06, 17:56
thanks for your help,reseting teatimer has done the trick.:bigthumb: