PDA

View Full Version : Very slow boot

sailbad
2010-03-16, 19:18
Something happened a few days back that is making my XP HP machine very slow and it freezes up...sometimes the cursor will move but will not do any action. I get strange screens that I have never seen in Windows..the last one was "no bootup unit in table" It's almost is like I have competing boot up programs going on.

I can not use the restore feature...it will go through the whole operation and then give a message to try another restore point. I recently defraged after the problem started and removed recently installed programs to no avail...I can not relate the situation to anything that I've done....I did accidently open a Nigerian email but did not respond or click anything before I deleted it.

Also, the guest user option pops up when there is not supposed to be one(disabled). Sometime programs say I am not the administrator (Spy Bot).

I have a recent (today) Hi Jack Log available and have run a reg back up.

tashi
2010-03-16, 19:45
Hello sailbad,

I have a recent (today) Hi Jack Log available and have run a reg back up.

Please see this forum's FAQ and start a new topic, a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Best regards. :)