PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions(not sure if needed or allowed)

texeon
2010-03-17, 10:50
Well, i've been a long user of spybot, and if I was old enough and making money, I would donate but I can't, anyway, I love the program, but it has a few things that would be better.

NOTE: This is what I think, and as I don't know, it could be that safer networking require funds for the suggestions, or can't, this only what I think so I can be ignored.

1: Maybe increase the solutions to well known malwares, as in Zlob and Vundo, both horribly annoying, and i've found that it can't perfectly remove them, or not at all, i've used malware bytes and its managed to, so maybe increasing the way it works with solutions to malware.

2: Work with the Tea timer, as it drastically slows down the system but does a good job, increase the speed if possible, or split the task into segments that load up separately to increase it, not sure if it is possible.

3: Make a varying process, now malware are actually killing the processes of the programs that protect you, if you managed to create an alternate start, that if made to be enabled, would actually make the process name change each start-up, maybe it should be like this: xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
If you want to look into it, install SuperAntiSpyware, and check out the alternate start-up option.

4: When your definitions detect and delete a malware/s from a computer, if it is an .exe or single file malware, that spybot should create a file with the same name, size, and location that it uses, and is locked so that if the malware does re-infect the system, it can't because the new "fake" file is there, and if spybot detects anything trying to change this file, it tracks it down, and kills it.

If you like these or want more ask me, I got a few more suggestions.

Matt
2010-03-18, 21:40
Hi texeon,

:snwelcome:

2: Work with the Tea timer, as it drastically slows down the system but does a good job, increase the speed if possible, or split the task into segments that load up separately to increase it, not sure if it is possible.
I would like you to read this FAQ:
Why does the TeaTimer use so much memory / has such a high CPU? (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/65.html)

Moreover, Spybot 2.0 will get a new kind of realtime protection. :)

texeon
2010-03-28, 04:35
thanks for the reply, may i ask if the other suggestions are good besides the tea timer, thanks again.