PDA

View Full Version : This was weird

firebrddriver
2010-03-26, 14:30
I d/l'ed the latest updates Wed. Last night (Thurs) before I went to bed I ran a scan and everything was fine,,,nothing found. I closed spybot like I normally do but didn't turn the computer off right away so I know it "unloaded". Anyway this morning while the computer was booting up, I walked away for a few minutes. When I came back spybot was scanning the computer and the only think on the desk top was a small box showing the progress,,nothing else in the back ground showing my desk top icons. I stopped the scan (basically had to us the task manager) and when it did stop all my icons and stuff appeared on my desk top. Its never happened before and thought it kind of odd. I'm running XP with all the latest updates from them and spybot. Anyne have any thoughts on this,,,thanks.

Not knowing alot about computers would this be like a "boot time" scan,,and if so I never changed any settings. Is there anyway to check if it is set to do that. I don't even know if spybot will perform a boot time scan. Like I said I'm not very good at this stuff,,,but I do know I haven't changed any settings. Again thanks for any help.

spybotsandra
2010-03-29, 12:49
Hello,

This is due to the message during the scan "It is recommended that you reboot and scan again to find items that may be uncovered only after a reboot."

Please download a new SpybotSD.exe file here (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/SpybotSD.exe-1.6.3.50.zip#hash(md5:C26CC8BB790A946655E51E52C4247C71).

Also download a new advcheck.dll here (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/advcheck.dll-1.6.3.17.zip#hash(md5:A3DFA8F88DED4C552F41D635B1542EB6).

Move those two files: SpybotSD.exe and advcheck.dll to your program installation folder, and accept to replace the old ones.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

firebrddriver
2010-03-30, 23:53
Almost a week has gone by and I haven't experienced this problem again. Because it happened the next morning after I did a scan prior to shutting down for the night, I just did another scan (nothing was found),shut down, rebooted and it hasn't happened again. Do you suggest I still do what you've mentioned, or just let it go and see if it happens again. Would I harm anything at this point if I do follow your suggestion? My computer skills are pretty weak, so would it be easier for me,,if you still suggest I do something,,,to just un-install spybot and then re-install,,would that serve the same purpose as your instructions? I would really rather wait and see if it happens again due to my limited knowledge,,thanks for your help.