PDA

View Full Version : teatimer not loading

don hillery
2010-03-28, 16:48
teatimer not loading with system startup for some unknown reason. all items i know of are checked to do so, but something is preventing tt to load. the only way i can get tt to show up in the system tray is to load it manually. to make this easier to do, i created a short cut on the desktop to use. if anybody got any ideas how i can get it to load itself be appreciated.

spybotsandra
2010-03-29, 11:57
Hello,

Which operating system do you have?
Do you have admin rights?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

don hillery
2010-03-29, 15:42
Sandra:
OP system: Windows XP Home SP 3. Admin Rights.

spybotsandra
2010-03-29, 15:45
Hello,

And you have ticked the check box in front of the resident TeaTimer?
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Do you have a NVida graphic card?
If yes please open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'.
Now deactivate the nwiz.exe.
Does this solve the problem?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

don hillery
2010-03-29, 16:03
Sandra:
No Nvida card.

don hillery
2010-03-29, 16:07
Sandra: All other item were checked.

don hillery
2010-03-30, 13:57
Sandra:
Also I forgot to mention another somewhat odd happening that I don't believe happen in the past. When system startup starts, a pop up window opens and the top border says spybot, and within the window, SDHelper.dll appears. I must close this window manually using the window close red X. Just don't remember this in the past with spybot.

firebrddriver
2010-03-30, 23:00
Don,,I don't know if its the same thing I experienced but last week when I booted up the first thing in the morning spybot started to do a scan on its own,,I didn't do it manually,,nothing else was showing on my desk top,,after I stopped it by closing on the red "x",,all my icons appeared on my desk top.I have a thread in here about it,,it hasn't happened after that time.

don hillery
2010-03-31, 11:18
firebrddriver:
Thanks for the input. Don't think its happen to me that way yet. I don't notice any unintentional scans. I have mine setup automatically to run weekly. The basic problem just seems to be the only way I can get TT to run on boot up is manually. Wont show up in system tray otherwise. I did read your other thread on this. Normally I shut down using hibernate instead of OFF. So doing this, TT stays in system tray okay.
Don

don hillery
2010-03-31, 16:18
to all that helped:
somehow i fixed my problems all works as supposed too (i think) for now.
Thanks

Budoka
2011-04-20, 08:45
Do you have any idea how you fixed it. I have the exact same problem on a win xp machine. Tea Timer doesn't run in the service tray unless I manually start it. The only thing that is a little bit different tan your problem is that if I look at the running processes on the machine TeaTimer is running in the background. Just no service tray...and no pop ups. Yes all of the options in Resident are selected.

spybotsandra
2011-04-20, 11:22
Hello,

Do you have the same graphic card?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot