PDA

View Full Version : Spybot crashes

Cotsos
2010-03-31, 18:44
Hello, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread.

I tried to find an answers to FAQ's but I got nothing.

I am trying to use Spybot on an old laptop with Windows XP Vista SP3.
I think it has a lot of problems.

I installed it , updated it but when I start the scan it crashes always at the same point (around 124.000 bot check) and it closes. My system does not crash it continues normally.

I tried safe mode, cleaning temp files, running hideen the .srd (sp?) file but it always stops.

tashi
2010-03-31, 19:24
Hello Cotsos,

I am trying to use Spybot on an old laptop with Windows XP Vista SP3.
I think it has a lot of problems.
The laptop? :)

What other security programs are installed please and has the laptop shown signs of infection.

Best regards.

Cotsos
2010-03-31, 20:41
It has Registry Mechanic, CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

A few weeks ago I found out that I couldnt open Microsoft pages (it's not my laptop so I dont have access to it all the time). Windows updates etc.
I solved that by resetting the DNS client from the System Properties, but I still need to do this everytime I boot.
Also, there are a lot of problems in windows explorer. The "show hidden files" option doesnt work . and every time I open a folder it opens in new window (on the settings its set to open in the same).

tashi
2010-03-31, 21:15
Hi Cotsos,

It has Registry Mechanic, CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
No anti virus program?

(it's not my laptop so I dont have access to it all the time).
Could you expand on that please. :)

Best regards.

Cotsos
2010-03-31, 22:14
Hi Cotsos,

No anti virus program?

Could you expand on that please. :)

Best regards.

I had AVG but I uninstalled it.

It's my sister's laptop, so I only use it every couple of months when I see her.
And I decided these days to clean all this mess.

tashi
2010-04-01, 02:35
Hi Cotsos,

If you know you will have access to the computer for the duration of an analysis and clean up see: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and copy paste the HJT log into it.

If HJT won't run please start a new topic anyway, make note of the situation and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.