PDA

View Full Version : Infected with XP internet security suite

skuter
2010-04-11, 00:59
Oh...the guy that made that mess, better hope that I never meet him...Several days ago...hubby got infected (hahah on the computer) with this nasty thing...since then I've run spybot a number of time, downloaded malwarebytes and ran it a number of times, each time anywhere from 50-150 infections have been found..it got so bad that windows (xp) froze to the point that I had to do a power button shut down..then it got corrupted and I had to reinstall..now on start up I get Rundll error C:/windows\system32\msugddft.dll error..have trouble trying to reinstall McAfee. I'm no computer expert but, I really don't want to have to spend a bunch of money to clean out the registry..I'd sure appreciate some help..before I throw this thing out of the 2nd story window...

tashi
2010-04-11, 03:06
Hello skuter,

Please follow the instructions in this link "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic, copy paste the HJT log into it and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

If HJT won't run please start a new topic anyway and make note of the situation :)

Best regards.