PDA

View Full Version : Win7 systray icon context menu partially inactive

raffnixpert
2010-04-19, 02:44
On my Win7 Prof 64-Bit there are some inactive context menu items of the Spybot systray icon (e.g. Spybot start and search for updates) even when I am logged in as administrator . Is this due to Microsoft security policy or is there a setting to enable/disable the start of spybot and its update function via the systray icon?

spybotsandra
2010-04-19, 10:40
Hello,

Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator" (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html)?
And then enable the resident TeaTimer:
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

raffnixpert
2010-04-19, 17:54
Originally I might have enabled the resident TeaTimer by double-clicking spybot.exe and then choosing the settings indicated in your post. That was certainly a mistake.

In order to follow your advice I first tried to get rid of the deficient TeaTimer icon in the systray and made a restart in order to be sure to have a new start with the systray icon. This time I started spybot by right-clicking on its start menu item and choosing "run as administrator". I enabled the resident TeaTimer as proposed by you and - voilá - everything was as before:
a double-click on the systray icon does not open spybot, neither does a right click and choosing "Run Spybot-S&D". Right-click plus "Search for updates" does not react either. The other items seem to function properly.

raffnixpert
2010-04-24, 09:55
A double-click on the TeaTimer systray icon does not open spybot, neither does a right click and choosing "Run Spybot-S&D". Right-click plus "Search for updates" does not react either.

Is this correct for my system:
Win7 Prof 64-Bit, Spybot Version 1.6.2.0, System Settings Protector 1.6.6.32 or do I have to search for an error?