PDA

View Full Version : Question about Registry Guard.

Rogers
2010-04-26, 06:59
Hi guys, first of all, i love your software, and It has helped me a lot over the years.

I have one question about the software however which I haven't yet figured out. I have spybot version 1.62 on 3 of my computers. One of the computers is a 64 bit windows 7 and the other two are 32 bit windows xp.

On one of the windows xp systems whenever something tries to make a change to my registry spybot shows a popup and allows me to allow/deny the change. However on my other two systems these pop ups do not show up.

How do I go about enabling these pop ups on the other two computers? Not for the life of me can I find the right option in settings.

Thanks for any help.

spybotsandra
2010-04-26, 15:17
Hello,

Probably you have not activated the resident TeaTimer on the other pc?
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Rogers
2010-04-27, 13:07
Yes that is activated, however SDhelper is greyed out and is not activated, but i do not see how that would be it since that is for internet explorer, which i do not use.

Below where that box is there is a huge list of things that say dates programs and that they were allowed by user decision, however I have not made any of these decisions (it has never asked me), at least in the same way my other computer does when anything attempts to change the registry.

spybotsandra
2010-04-27, 13:20
Hello,

This is the new way of monitoring by TeaTimer. To return to the "old" way of monitoring right click on TeaTimer and change it to "Paranoid Mode".
This (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=46937) thread has more details on the new TeaTimer.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot