PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Folder on data key

danib
2010-05-04, 00:39
Hello Everyone,

Tonight, I was preparing for an exam at uni by downloading lecture presentations to my Scandisk data key, I realised that there was no lecture 18 so, I deleted the folder - OR, should I say that I tried to delete the folder!

The key is 1.8 GB in size; however, the folder in question is showing in the properties window as 135GB with 129 files; however, it is empty! It has never been populated.

I have tried changing the name to allow me to delete it with no joy!

When I try and delete the file, windows 7 states that the file is too big (135 GB) to delete and has system files in it - it's empty?

When I click skip in the delete folder window, the file name (which shows in the delete window as oriental letters and numbers) changes every time.

For reference: I had to do a restore the other day after the Microsoft updates below were followed by the blue screen of death and a PC shut down - for the 1st time ever:

KB976002
KB976422
KB980408
KB975496

That said, the date of folder in question is 22/2/2010, 4.54pm. This will not change although I have modified the name tonight.

Can anyone please help me delete this and tell me what it is? This PC is three months old and it was purchased as I down loaded a virus to my laptop - which one of your volunteers kindly helped me to sort out.

Thanks.