PDA

View Full Version : Spybot never starts up correctly.

JTD121
2010-05-05, 17:15
Hey all, new on the forum, but not to forums in general.

<del>So, I've been having this problem for quite some time.

Running Spybot 1.6(.2?), been a while since I've seen the main interface. Windows XP Pro SP2, 2GB RAM, lots of free space across an 80GB drive.

The problem happens when I start up Spybot. It always does a check before going to the main interface. There is a button there to stop said check. Then it freezes, whites out, and doesn't get past that. I've let it sit there for a couple hours while I went out to do some errands. Still sitting there blankly looping in whatever it's doing.

I have updated using the separate updater. Uninstalled and restarted, then reinstalled. Even changed the location to another name and drive. Tried the SCR method, changing Spybot.exe to something else.

Nothing has worked so far to get me to the main Spybot window.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to force it into a debug mode or something so I can further diagnose the problem?

EDIT: I also have a couple other Safer Networking things installed as well; Spybot S&D Distributed Beta Testing Client, RunAlyzer</del>

Thanks in advance for your expedient replies!

-Josh

JTD121
2010-05-05, 17:19
Nevermind guys. I finally uninstalled that renamed copy of Spybot, and it started right up with all defaults....Ain't that a doozy.....

Thanks anyway!

-Josh