PDA

View Full Version : Just did a scan with another Malware product and it found 56 issues....

bklyn46
2010-05-11, 04:48
I am not sure why Spybot didnt find any of these. I game online and my account got hacked. Apparently I had a keylogger and other malicious programs on my computer that Spybot and Norton COMPLETELY missed. They were well known as well: Adware, Rogue Installer were two of them.

Am I missing the purpose of Spybot? I am going to go thru hell getting my account restored because my antivirus/spyware could not detect these obvious issues. I thought SPYBOT prevented these things?

spybotsandra
2010-05-11, 10:09
Hello,

Which other software was that exactly?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bklyn46
2010-05-11, 15:01
MalwareByte Anti-Malware. It found ALL of the infected files, quarantined the malware and cleaned them. I had some kind of rogue installer, a spyware program specific to online gaming and the Adware. I am so impressed with Malwarebyte I am buying the program.

I have Spybot resident up and Norton running in the background and neither of these picked the malware up. In fact I had just run both last Friday. Wish me luck getting blizzard to restore my account, so far they haven't even answered my email contesting the ban of my account and asking them to investigate the issue. :sad:

bklyn46
2010-05-12, 04:59
Spybot uninstalled, I'm going with Malwarebyte and Kapersky.

spybotsandra
2010-05-12, 09:42
Hello,

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other misses.
Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

But if you are infected the next time we can locate the threat also in your bug report, although nothing is present after a scan. That would help to improve our database. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot