PDA

View Full Version : ave.exe and regsvr32.exe

travelmates
2010-05-13, 06:57
who could help me get rid of ave.exe and explain why spybot found regsvr32.exe in my XP sp3 as a malicious software identified as creazione?

The problem with ave.exe is that it takes over the whole screen and won't allow me access to the desktop or anything else. It won't even allow me to stop the scan, only pause it, and even if you let it finish at the end you stlll cannot exit only have the option to PAY.
The drive that contains this virus ave.exe i removed from the original computer (with the symptoms above) and made it the slave drive on my computer to run a virus scan (avira) on it , which made me aware of this ave.exe but didn't fix it.
It was suggested to download malware bytes (mbaw) and install this but that is not possible(see above)
However i downloaded it on my c drive and installed it and started a scan on the slave drive (infected drive).
This is where spybot suddenly identified the regsvr32.exe as a problem and wants to delete this file which i am reluctant to do at this stage until i know why it all of a sudden detected it. ( I run spybot every day).
So any help is welcome.

Blade81
2010-05-21, 07:44
Hi,

Are you able to access task manager (ctrl+alt+del)?

Blade81
2010-05-29, 13:37
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or other MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.