PDA

View Full Version : Now, Here's My Real Problem(s)!

Kimmy22
2010-05-17, 06:55
Just downloaded the most current Spybot detections (05/12/10) and everything went well, as usual. Here's the deal (you know, since I'm here and have signed up to do this, maybe you guys can answer another question that has puzzled me over the last couple of years using Spybot. Someone may have already addressed it earlier but, I'm new to the blog. I will post it as #2 with this blog)!

#1 - While running Spybot with the new updates (I immunized the system while running it which could be the problem and have never done that before), I got a pop-up. It read: Access Violation @Address 005A2766 in Module SpybotSD.exe. Read of Address 565658E6.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Never got a message or pop-up like this before. Since I didn't know what it was, I used the esc key to remove it, instead of clicking the red x or ok., as a precautionary measure.

Please help!

#2 - I am always asked to fix someone's computer...friends, family, family of friends and friends of family...you get the picture! That's not what I do BUT since I know how to do it...I kindof feel honored when someone asks. Once in my possession, I will always install Spybot, if not already installed, because I really don't want them contacting me again about their computer. If I were a tech, I probably wouldn't because I'd be wishing their computer would mess up BUT since I'm not, I DON"T WANT TO SEE THEIR COMPUTERS AGAIN (LOL)!

I noticed, even on all my computers and my immediate family's, the number of immunizations is wrong or different. I noticed when I install the software on somone else's computer, then configure it, the number of items blocked is right now at around 110,000+ but I noticed this at around 96,000+. BUT on mine and my families computers, it's, as of the most current update (05/12/10), around 96,000+. I noticed at around 74,000+ that some computers have a higher number of protected/immunized items than others!

THIS IS A BIG MYSTERY and MAKES ME FEEL OUR COMPUTERS ARE NOT FULLY PROTECTED:confused:! What's The Deal With Our Computers (Windows XP Professional but the other people have Home, Professional or Vista too)?

Admittingly, I do go in the Group Policy, Services, etc. and secure our computers and some others BUT that shouldn't have anything to do with how many items we're protected from!

PLEASE SOLVE THIS MYSTERY...AWAITING RESPONSES) and would like to know if anyone else has or has had this problem in the past!:hair:

:thanks:

spybotsandra
2010-05-17, 11:08
Hello,

1. Which operating system was that where you got this error?
Do you have any other security software installed?
Did you close your browser during the immunization?

2. Depending on the operating system and the authority of the user, the counts of the immunization vary widely.

If you are using Windows XP please read these:
Question about Spybot S&D accounts and Immunize (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1933)
Comparing Immunization Spybot Numbers (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3007)

If you are not using Windows XP:
Immunization (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1988)
Hope this helps. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot