PDA

View Full Version : Windows Defender Vista Blocking TeaTimer

GB452
2010-05-19, 03:13
Recently, TeaTimer has been blocked from starting up by Vista's Windows Defender.

I've not been able to determine why this is happening, or how to set it to be allowed to run. I've had to right-click the icon, and select to run 'system settings protector' for TeaTimer to start.

I've looked through the list of startup programs in windows defender, but there's no option to allow it, and the classification is "not yet permitted".

m00nbl00d
2010-05-19, 15:25
Recently, TeaTimer has been blocked from starting up by Vista's Windows Defender.

I've not been able to determine why this is happening, or how to set it to be allowed to run. I've had to right-click the icon, and select to run 'system settings protector' for TeaTimer to start.

I've looked through the list of startup programs in windows defender, but there's no option to allow it, and the classification is "not yet permitted".

Hello,

Are you running from a LUA (Limited User Account?

There's been quite a time since I've been running Spybot with TeaTimer. Now, I only use it for immunizations and regular check-ups.

But, I remember that last year, when I had TeaTimer enabled, and running from LUA, I was having the same problem.

If I well remember I had to make a few modifications. I think I actually disabled TeaTimer within Spybot, and then created a task using Windows task scheduler to start TeaTimer upon each session start, but not for the Administrator account not current user account. I think I enabled it for the whole system.

I think it worked fine. I'll see if I remember what needs to be done.

GB452
2010-05-20, 01:42
Nope, not running from a LUA. Full administrator account.