PDA

View Full Version : SAV or Sophos AV?

MattB
2010-05-20, 03:02
I currently have Symantec AntiVirus on my personal computer, but recently I have received several recommendations to switch to Sophos AntiVirus. Most of these recommendations state that Sophos is simpler and less resource intensive than SAV. What is the general opinion on this forum about these two products?

drragostea
2010-05-21, 05:35
There is not much difference between the two programs; Symantec has all the goodies and overcharges for its full suite and Sophos is pretty much about the same. Sophos may not have all the bells and whistles that Norton does, but I can say it does not use as much resources as Norton (should not apply to modern machines as they are equipped with more than enough resources to run the AVs).

Norton's full suite has backup, firewall, online storages, and parental control.
Sophos has a dedicated anti-malware/virus package in one.
Of course, there are no "perfect" software; so do as you please.

tashi
2010-05-21, 05:39
Hello MattB,

I don't use either of those products but as no members have responded yet with their own experience.

Anti Virus Programs (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9289) Topic started Nov 27th, 2006. Last post Apr 8th, 2010.

Sometimes it's a case of trying things on for size. :)

Best regards,