PDA

View Full Version : Please help: TrendMicro & PC-Cillin

Nailz
2005-11-25, 05:36
Please help.

I have TrendMicro's PC-Cillin and once I installed Spybot Search & Destroy, I am continually asked to download updates and reboot.

I have searched, but cannot find a solution to this on the forums.

Thank you for any assistance.

Nailz in Arizna, USA

spybotsandra
2005-11-25, 10:24
Hello,

So you just downloaded Spybot and did not download the updates yet?

This link on our website might help you to update:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/update.html

Here is the direct download link:
http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
Just download and run that file - it is self-installing.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Nailz
2005-11-25, 18:26
I ran updates right when it fished installing.

My question really is, what would SpyBot be doing to make TrendMicro's PC-Cillin not update?

tashi
2005-11-25, 19:39
Hello. :)

I have TrendMicro's PC-Cillin and once I installed Spybot Search & Destroy, I am continually asked to download updates and reboot. We thought it was Spybot asking you to update,sorry about that.

Do you receive an error message from TrendMicro's PC-Cillin and if so what is it please. I also cannot find information on this problem.

meandor
2005-11-26, 08:45
RE: Nailz, Your concern regarding update problems affecting PC-cillin.
If you're using PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 you could be experiencing a problem with the way the program handles updates. Not knowing what your operating system is, it's difficult to say. I'm running Win' XP Home with SP2. There is a known fault with PC-cillin IS 2005 affecting some OS's. A patch is available (TIS1230_1011) which should correct the download problem. Also there is a work around using a PCCTOOL.EXE procedure, which is a tool within PC-cillin IS 2005. Having just gone through update download issues. , I suggest you contact Trend Micro Support.
via email, retail@support.trendmicro.com, or telephone them direct at
1 800 864 6027 (8AM to 5 PM PST). They have a great Support group which I found most helpful, they helped me correct my problem.
I would pass on the "how to instructions" using PCCTOOL.EXE which they gave me, but this may not be correct for your operating system. I suggest you contact Trend Micro Support. I hope this helps.
Best of luck.

meandor