PDA

View Full Version : Smartsource Coupon Printer

Mritter26
2010-06-02, 20:39
I'm very sorry if this is the wrong forum to be posting in but I have to ask somewhere or my mom is going to freak out. She has been printing coupons for a while now from the Smartsource website. SS prints coupons in our newspaper so she figured their website would be safe to grab coupons from. However, their coupon printer shows up on Spybot as adware she tells me. Malware Bytes, Ad-aware, and Avira antivirus all pass it as safe. I'm very curious as to whether or not their coupon printer is actually adware. I've looked all around google and found claims of other websites being suspicious, but not very much about Smartsource at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can avoid my mom's wrath. Thank you!

spybotsandra
2010-06-04, 09:40
Hello,

That depends on what aws found exactly.
But I think it is related to the Coupon site and their BHO.
The downloaded file installs a toolbar and a Browser helper object (BHO). The BHO connects to coupons.com at every Internet Explorer startup in order to download latest updates. The toolbar displays bonus vouchers which can be printed or used online. When uninstalled, nearly all the files and registry entries remain on the system.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot