PDA

View Full Version : 1st time using rootalyzer --any help would be gr8t

addieto
2010-06-07, 15:22
Hi Everyone

I'm trying to become more skillful with computers but still feel lost here. I've had a terrible virus that keeps redirecting me to different ads when i'm browsing the internet. Before that I had a virus that was telling me I had viruses [resident shield it was called...though I think that is gone]. I used several anti-spyware/malware applications but the redirecting kept happening and now have used rootalyzer. I have the log but have no idea what to do with it -- any help would be really REALLY appreciated -- thanks, Adam.

here's what it logged [i did choose the "pack suspicious files option"]:

Registry Key, No admin in ACL: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NOS
Registry Key, No admin in ACL: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NOS\{E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}
Registry Key, No admin in ACL: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NOS\{E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\1.5
Registry Key, No admin in ACL: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NOS\{E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\1.5\Installer
Folder, No admin in ACL: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA

Requests:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\*.*

Operations:
+ added: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\opa11.dat
+ added: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\OPA12.BAK
+ added: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\opa12.dat

addieto
2010-06-07, 19:18
please let me know...thanks

tashi
2010-06-07, 19:55
Hello addieto,

The FAQ for this forum. ;)
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Please start a new topic and copy paste the DDS log into it for analysis. Instructions in "Before You Post"

A helper will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.