PDA

View Full Version : Remove restricted sites added from the immunization process.

graftedin
2010-06-10, 03:10
I ran the immunization process about a week ago and now IE8 seems to be running much slower. My guess is that it now has 1000+ sites it needs to compare everything to. I'd like to just remove them. I tried deleting them from the registry but that didn't seem to work.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Zenobia
2010-06-10, 06:29
There was a problem with Internet Explorer 8 starting slowly before,which was fixed with a Windows Update,though the link provided in the News article says there is a newer Windows Update available now:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2009-03-25.html

You should be able to selectively remove whatever Immunization you'd like to by opening Spybot,clicking Immunize,then checkmarking the immunization you want removed(such as under Internet Explorer(32 bit),checkmarking Software\Domains),then clicking the Undo button.

graftedin
2010-06-11, 21:20
My updates are all up to date so whatever is causing the slow up (1000+ restricted sites) is not related to the update.

It would be nice if Microsoft kept these restricted sites in a text file that we could just manually edit. Leave it to Microsoft to make our life difficult....