PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Office 2003 Small Business

Cammigirl
2010-06-10, 17:04
A few weeks ago (right after I installed Norton 360), I started getting messages on my computer that the updates failed for excel and word. Right after that, I noticed that every time I opened excel, I would get the "preparing to install" box and the program would ask me to insert the disk. Every time I did that, the program(s) would work fine until I shut down the computer. Then, the problem would start all over again. THEN, I noticed that the computer was updating with EVERY boot and the same two updates would fail. After dealing with this for a few weeks, I decided to try repairing the program. While trying to un-install the program, I started getting the message "Cannot access registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run/OptionalComponents/MSFS. Since then, I have been unable to either uninstall or re-install the program.

tashi
2010-06-10, 20:09
Hello Cammigirl,

I see you have posted (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/xpprograms/thread/6dfd29e6-55ee-41ea-b2a6-cb56df388d24) at Microsoft Answers, the original topic was started January 10, 2010. Perhaps your adding a post will bring the issue to an engineers attention.

You might want to add that the problem apparently started, Quote: "right after I installed Norton 360".

Best regards. :)