PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New to this and looking for help

Coleton
2010-06-12, 00:04
Hello everyone I am new here obviously. I have a very old desktop (Dell dimensions 8200 from 2001-2002) which seems to have become infected. I am usually pretty tight with the security, not sure if recently I downloaded the wrong thing or maybe when my mcfee sub ran out and I switched to norton this happened. I have several instances of postgres.exe running and postgres seems to have its own user account. I'm posting this from work, the pc at home is extremely difficult to use right now, very slow and redirects often. When I get home tonight I will begin to follow the instructions posted in the "read this first thread". I think it will be difficult to do this with the speed (or lack thereof) the computer is moving at. I do have spybot installed but it finds nothing. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me. I just want to get a thread going while I have a pc that works and introduce myself and the problem. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry in advance for any frustration I may cause with my inexpierience.

Ok, I am having a difficult time with just installing erunt to my desktop. Desktop was not available as a drop down when I installed the program so I typed the path C:\users\Name\desktop. I did end up with a shortcut to the program but the program is not visible on my desktop. Did I use the correct path? If not, what should I do now? Thank You.

shelf life
2010-06-15, 23:24
Hi,

Are you running XP? Can you get a DDS log:
I suggest you use the machine as little as possible, no personal/financial info and when not in use make sure it has no internet connectivity.

If you still need help:

Please download DDS (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr) and save it to your desktop.
Double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS.txt will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
Please Copy/paste both logs in your reply.

Next: download and run Malwarebytes:
Please download Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php) to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click *Remove Selected.*

*A restart of your computer may be required to remove some items. If prompted please restart your computer to complete the fix.*

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt