PDA

View Full Version : Help Please! SBSD Malfunction?

warriorwitch
2010-06-16, 00:29
:banghead::banghead::trample:I have been having one kind of trouble or another, since downloading SBSD. Got the first set of troubles solved with your expert help(tyvm!), but now seem to have a completely different set plaguing me! I tried to use the "immunization" feature in SBSD and it told me : "cannot open help file in SBSD /program files blah blah blah ..." The other problem is when I try to run the scanner it says : " You need to insall detection updates with either the updater or manually .." and so on. But when I went to the updater and ran it IT SAID: "no newer updates are available" So! There you have it. And that's where I remain LOL Somthing of a vicious circle ay? ---Patiently awaitng an answer to my SOS -- THX!:banghead::trample:

warriorwitch
2010-06-16, 01:34
Also The "help" feature seems to be disabled.

spybotsandra
2010-06-16, 13:05
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you have installed?
To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2010/06/16.

Please try to download the updates manually (http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe).

Only after downloading the updates you can immunize your system.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot