PDA

View Full Version : PC Overrun by malware - upto 2000+ processes

gorzul
2010-06-29, 08:24
I'm not sure what to give in terms of details for this scenario though I am tech support staff at work. Please let me know if there's any details missing you need:

1- issue started a couple days ago...not sure what was downloaded (known or in the background unknowningly) which contained the virus.

2-the first time i noticed it...I noticed that i could not open any programs etc...and after several minutes was finally able to open task manager and view the processes to only find over 2000 processes running.

3- on attempt, it would closes processes and process tree, but had replicated itself and continued to do so hundreds of times until both cores were maxed out...and then pc was crawling

4- reboot made no difference (though it took a few minutes for the cores to get over run

5- i have not attelmpted any restores (due to having posted here before long time ago for different virus)

6- i have managed to boot into safe mode w/networking (thus able to post here), but obviously with many services and components inaccessible/non-functional

7- i have run the MS Malware/antivirus that came with windows 7- supposedly quarantined and deleted the culprets but issue still remains on regular boot up

8- i believe there is no other antivirus present on this machine

9- this pc has 2 installed hdd's...and one external usb drive (which i believe hasn't even been formatted yet - 1 TB)

your prompt assistance would be much appreciated...just give me the instructions i need to follow through in retrieving any info you need...and carrying out any tasks you feel are required

thank you kindly,

gorzul

gorzul
2010-06-29, 09:18
the installer service is currenly unavailable in safe mode...and the file contents are too long to include in post here...please advise how you wish to recieve these files (i do not have a zip pgrogram currently installed....so i was thinking upi could provide an alternative/method to provide their contents to u pls

next I will post the attach file results requested

thx