PDA

View Full Version : PC-Health-Plan problem, can you help

jimgil
2006-07-16, 01:46
Sorry total newbie think I posted this in wrong forum:

I am unable to get rid of a problem recognized by Spybot: PC-Health-Plan:

HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\software\microsoft\Ping Pixel

I tried restart and run spybot again but it still came up.
I clicked on details which showed "ab default REG_SZ value not set" and it still didn't get rid of it.. I deleted a suspicious looking email and that still did not help.

I am frightened i have a silent dialler or some such or someone reading my bank cred cards etc. Can you advise how serious my problem is and if there is anything I can do to deal with it. I have windows 2000 pro.

Thanks if you can support me!!
Sorry if answered before i am a newbie and panicking. Please answer me here!!
jimgil is online now Reply With Quote

tashi
2006-07-16, 04:34
Hello.

Please follow the instructions in this sticky topic:
BEFORE you post. Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Copy and paste the HJT log into this topic and a helper will assist you as soon as available.

Cheers. :)

jimgil
2006-07-16, 04:59
Sorry what is the HJT log? I've posted all the details i could find what else is it you need? Sorry to sound daft!!

jimgil
2006-07-16, 11:53
I reran the programme in safe mode, but this time Spybot did not find anything so I don't know if the problem is sorted or not, thanks for your reply I will get in touch if it arises again - avg gave a reading of "Partition Table MBR" but no log either., but on a re-run that ddn't come back either.

Totally confused by all the technical stuff!:mad:

If anyone can advise further that would be great!;)

jimgil
2006-07-16, 13:24
A big increase in Spybot files that avast was unable to scan - about 170 more than usual, is this a concern?

LonnyRJones
2006-07-19, 13:40
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery
Items there are what SSD has removed, its normal for antivirus programs to report they cannot open or comment they are passowrd protected.
Not to worry.

Post a HijackThis 1.99.1 log
First Make a new folder, example C:\AntiSpyWare
and download/Save HijackThis, to that new folder.
This is necessary to ensure you have backups should anything go wrong
http://www.merijn.org/files/HijackThis.exe
Double click HijackThis.exe, Hit None of the above, just start the program.
Hit Scan When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that, save the log somewhere, and please show us its contents.
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

tashi
2006-07-24, 09:39
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a pm and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.