PDA

View Full Version : Tea Timer

DMarley
2010-07-06, 14:44
I have a problem I believe. I downloaded and installed Spybot but for some reason the tea timer only works on the Administrator account. It doesn't show in the System Tray for the standard accounts. When I do check the System configuration (the start up entries) I see Spybot there though.

My question is this; is my computer still protected as it is even though the tea timer doesn't show up on the standard accounts?

Oh and when I launch Spybot from the standard accounts (right click and choose "run as administrator) and go to the resident the tea timer THEN pops up on the system tray. But when I restart (even just a log off) the tea timer doesn't come back.

Is something wrong?

Vista X86 Home Basic Service Pack 2

spybotsandra
2010-07-06, 14:48
Hello,

You have to manually launch the TeaTimer on other user accounts.
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DMarley
2010-07-06, 15:16
That is what I do. But then when I log out or restart the computer and log back into the standard account the tea timer doesn't load up.

Are you saying I have to enable it every time I log into the standard accounts?

spybotsandra
2010-07-06, 15:25
Hello,

Is it the same account you log into, then enable TeaTimer, then log out and log into again? Then the TeaTimer is not active?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DMarley
2010-07-06, 15:28
Yep. The same account (standard account).

spybotsandra
2010-07-06, 15:29
Hello,

Do you have a NVida graphic card?
If yes please open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'.
Now deactivate the nwiz.exe.
Does this solve the problem?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DMarley
2010-07-06, 15:44
No. Don't have NVida graphic card

DMarley
2010-07-07, 18:44
That's it? No one else can help me figure this out?