PDA

View Full Version : popping noise???

Blaine914
2010-07-06, 18:46
Question for someone,

I've never been exposed to Spybot S&D and found it through research I was doing trying to rid myself of a UI Handler problem.

Here's the question: After installing and updating the program, and then running it, it found MANY things wrong, so I "fixed" them all. All was good... But then a POPPING sound starting coming my my pc. I recovered all of the stuff that was fixed, but the noise was still there.... The only way I got rid of the popping noise was to totally exit Spybot S&D. What is and how do I stop the popping noise?? It sounds like a popup, but stopped all programs that prevented popups, still the noise...

Thanks

Blaine

spybotsandra
2010-07-07, 09:49
Hello Blaine,

Could be an old version with the resident TeaTimer popping up.

Please make sure that you are running the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy including the latest updates.

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2010/06/30.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Blaine914
2010-07-07, 17:15
Thank you Sandra for replying.

Yep, I have the latest, both of the program and the updates.

It's weird, the noise goes away as soon as I exit out of Spybot...??

Still looking..

Blaine

Zenobia
2010-07-07, 22:06
I'm not sure if Teatimer still makes a popping sound when this is selected,but when you rightclick Teatimer,is Show info balloons checkmarked?

Blaine914
2010-07-08, 08:36
When I shut off the "show info balloons" the popping noise stopped??

Thanks again

Blaine

Zenobia
2010-07-08, 10:08
You're welcome. :)