PDA

View Full Version : Memory Leak

regnaws6
2010-07-09, 15:26
I am running Windows XP. My computer is using alot of memory and is very slow. What can i do to speed up my machime. I have ran Spybot and Hijack this. What other program can I run or what can I do to speed things up.

tashi
2010-07-09, 16:17
Hello regnaws6,

I have ran Spybot and Hijack this. What other program can I run or what can I do to speed things up.
What was the result of the the Spybot-S&D scan, anything found?

HiJackThis is a diagnostic tool, most of what it reports is essential to the operation of a system. :) Did you remove any entries?

Is the computer showing signs of infection? If so please give details so we can direct you to assistance.

Best regards,

regnaws6
2010-07-09, 20:38
When I ran Spybot it identified 5 virus itemsitems. The problem is that when I go to my Computer it maximizes my memory performance. It does the samething when I access the internet. It takes a long time to get things up and running. I am not sure where to go to fix this problem.

The system seems sluggish. I have ran virus checks on it and it still running slowly.

tashi
2010-07-09, 21:04
When I ran Spybot it identified 5 virus itemsitems. The problem is that when I go to my Computer it maximizes my memory performance. It does the samething when I access the internet. It takes a long time to get things up and running. I am not sure where to go to fix this problem.

The system seems sluggish. I have ran virus checks on it and it still running slowly.

Hello regnaws6,

Just so we are on the same track ;) Spybot-S&D is not an anti virus program. The application searches for spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers and keyloggers.

When Spybot found five items, what course of action did you take. Were they successfully removed?

Do you have an anti virus program installed, if so which one.

Please be as specific as possible. :)

Best regards.

regnaws6
2010-07-11, 00:55
I am CA Internet Security on the XP machine. Spybot asked me to remove the Spyware and I did. Everything else is running fine.

tashi
2010-07-11, 05:35
Hello regnaws6,

If the computer isn't infected a volunteer tech can advise at WTT: Microsoft Windows™ (http://forums.whatthetech.com/Microsoft_Windows_f119.html)

Hope that helps. :)