PDA

View Full Version : system startup entrys

JohnJackson
2010-07-11, 23:15
I did a scan with spybot, and afterwards it is detecting several system startup entrys, and asking me to approve or deny the changes, but it just keeps asking me over and over, no matter which option i chose, and even if i click remember decision. it just constantly asks what i want to do. to the save 5 or so entrys. what am i suppose to do?

Zenobia
2010-07-12, 00:20
Could you rightclick Teatimer,select Show Log,then copy and paste it here?

JohnJackson
2010-07-12, 02:28
im not sure were to find teatimer. i have the spybot icon on my desktop, but when i open spybot i can seem to find anything that says teatimer

spybotsandra
2010-07-12, 13:33
Hello,

The TeaTimer icon is in the system tray.

The system tray is on the lower right of your pc, beneath the clock.

You will also find a screenshot of the TeaTimer icon in our tutorial (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/tutorial/index.html) on our homepage.

By right clicking on the TeaTimer symbol (it is the blue one with the lock) you can enter the settings. If you cannot see the symbol, it is probably hidden. Just click on the arrows in the system tray to show all hidden symbols. A window appears where you have to click on Settings to modify your personal lists of registry changes and processes.

Note:
If you have scanned and fixed items with Spybot you have to allow the registry change that the Resident TeaTimer is asking for.
Only then the items will be deleted completely.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot