PDA

View Full Version : All .EXE files are detected as virus (with DDS log)

persephonik
2010-07-12, 12:51
Hi,

My system seems to have gotten infected through a friend's USB drive. I was using Windows XP and Avira free edition. The day the system got infected, Avira started identifying every single .EXE file as a threat.

I formatted my PC the next day - only drive C, where windows is installed. However, the problem did not go.

I am facing another problem - when my PC starts, the taskbar is inactive. Regardless of where I click on the taskbar, there will just be a "ding" sound, and no action. Following some advice on the internet, I use Task Manager to exit explorer.exe and then use run to start it again. That does seem to solve the problem until I restart.

Now I have Avira uninstalled as it continues to identify ALL my exe files as threat. Unfortunately, when I tried installing SpySweeper, it installed fully and then did not run any more after restarting

Then I tried Avast - this one does not install at all. The installation dialog box appears, and the moment I click Next, it just disappears.

I just can't seem to find ANY way around this one. I'll be really grateful if someone could help me out with some expert insight.

Update: for some reason, cannot submit new thread with DDS log =S . will post it in a reply.

persephonik
2010-07-12, 14:03
for some reason, after trying at least 20 times, I couldn't post reply with the text itself.

then i tried uploading the DDL.txt file, but even that wasn't working. :mad:

finally managed to upload it after renaming it to report.txt :devil:

http://www.4shared.com/document/3jAUpg4E/report.html