PDA

View Full Version : Immunization and Flock (or lack thereof)

brucebot
2010-07-14, 02:36
Searching here revealed that the items under Mozilla in immunization with the feather icon are related to the Flock browser. I didn't know I had it. I do have Firefox but I can't find the permissions.sqlite file that I've read may be responsible for Flock showing up during immunization.

Should I be concerned that the entries under Flock are not immunized? (those for Firefox, which seem identical, immunize properly). I did uncheck the Flock entries but everytime I immunize it still says the Flock related items are unprotected. Shouldn't unchecking them mean the immunization should ignore them?

lewisje
2010-07-14, 10:10
No, it just means that you don't want to apply the immunization; Spybot will still tell you whether the immunization has been applied.

brucebot
2010-07-14, 17:46
So any concern that the Flock items are not immunized? AFAICT it's a browser I don't have or use.

Interestingly on the other account on the computer it did immunize some of the Flock items. I still don't quite get the whole immunization thing but since these Flock items stand out (it does give a big error message) I figured I'd ask.