PDA

View Full Version : Should i uninstall spybot!!!

lizzybee
2006-07-16, 14:48
:scratch:

Hi guys,

would love a little advice, will try to be as brief as poss, last week had a (BSOD), had downloaded IE SPYAD, no probs all fine, installed ok able to use pc with no apparent prob until later that evening pc went bonkers and crashed. Managed to recover, uninstalled IE SPYAD all seems to be back to normal no more probs. However i have noticed since the crash spybot has become very slow when i scan, although always clear no probs there, and the same with my other checks all clear. Prior to my pc crash i had always used spybot on the default but about a week before my crash i decided to turn on teatimer and it seemed to be functioning well, no obvious differences from when it was in default until the crash when later that evening it flagged up a change in the registry and then my pc (BSOD). I also have Norton IS, spywareblaster,cookiewall,WindowsXP(2), IE6, i did have my windows firewall enabled at that time also, but was advised to disable it since i have Norton which i have done and i subsequently put my spybot back to default. As i like to use Spybot would it make a difference if i uninstalled spybot and reinstalled it again?? as i,m not too savvy on these kinds of things being relatively new to this world of pc,s i don,t want to make matters worst. I have also noticed when i do my spybot scan prior to shutting down, my pc takes for ever and a day to do so,(shutdown)!! something i have not encountered before. Sorry i couldn,t be more technical in my post but am still learning the ropes:blush: So any help would be gratefully received and would be :bighug: allround

Many thanks lizzybee