PDA

View Full Version : PWS.LDPinchIE

mezorie
2010-07-15, 13:50
Hello I recently found out that my computer was infected with the pws.ldpinchie trojan on my computer. Spybot would find it and remove it, but on startup it would just load back up again. Left on for a couple hours, more and more trojans would be installed on the computer. Sometimes the computer would ask to run a check for viruses on my computer with a phoney virus scanner.

I came to this very helpful site to delete it and read up on how to remove. Combofix was installed and some other programs that would give me a .txt file that I would be able to post on here. Log files were made, combofix ran and deleted or did whatever it is that it did. In hindsight I looked up into more threads and found out that after combofix is done, it doesnt mean that the trojan was gone. Avg started flagging system files that you shouldnt delete, only the ignore button was available. I then updated java and updated AVG (both asked me to restart the computer). After I did this the computer doesn't even start-up safemode anymore. The recovery option only brings me to a screen that says there is a criticle error on the hard drive.
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

My windows xp cd doesnt seem to be starting anything up either

FYI: Please do NOT run 'FIXES' (ComboFix etc) without being asked (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16806 )

mezorie
2010-07-15, 22:03
Is there any hope of not bringing this to a computer store for recovery?

mezorie
2010-07-19, 20:43
Hello I previously posted a thread stating that I ran a 'fix' on my laptop without being asked and now it will not startup winxp!
Is there any chance in fixing it without sending it to an expensive computer shop?!
Plz any help would be greatly appreciated, I know I messed up!

tashi
2010-07-19, 22:19
Hello mezorie,

Sorry to hear of the problem, I consulted with a volunteer helper and it was recommended that you take the computer to a local technician.

Best regards. :)

mezorie
2010-07-20, 21:43
That is what I figured would be the answer. Humour me please, could you ask him what the process would be to fix something like this!? I have many computers with a blue screen of death and would like to know how to fix them or even just some insight in the steps a tech would take to go about fixing something like this!

tashi
2010-07-20, 22:07
Hello mezorie,

... could you ask him what the process would be to fix something like this!?

I consulted with a volunteer helper and it was recommended that you take the computer to a local technician.

I have many computers with a blue screen of death and would like to know how to fix them or even just some insight in the steps a tech would take to go about fixing something like this!

Out of curiosity, how many? :) Do you know which events may have led to such a situation?

Best regards.

mezorie
2010-07-21, 02:25
lol I assume the question comes outta my screen name lol
This has happened three time. The first was with a clone cpu from 1999. My guesse is that it happend out of the years spent overclocking the system. The second time was on a laptop that spent too much time infected without being fixed and the third was this time outta trying to fix my computer without listening to proper instruction.
It seems that blue screen likes to follow me around for some reason. Stupid blue lol