PDA

View Full Version : Spybot closing unexpectedly?

Honor
2010-07-24, 01:16
Hi!

I have just downloaded the latest update to Spybot, and I started scanning ("Check for Problems" button). After scanning 1/10, Spybot closed. No errors, no nothing. I know this is not happening because of the update, so what could be causing this? A virus? A trojan horse? A malware? I rarely download things, so I really don't know.

What's happening? Even better: how can I fix it, please? Also, please explain things step by step, because I am a Spybot Search & Destroy newbie.

Thank you very much in advance.

tashi
2010-07-24, 03:29
Hello Honor,

Which security programs are installed, anti virus etc. The operating system too please.

Best regards.

Honor
2010-07-24, 05:10
Thanks for replying!

First of all, I have Windows XP, SP 3.

I had no anti-virus installed when Spybot was closing unexpectedly. Now, I have installed Spy Hunter 4 and SUPERAntiSpyware (even though I used SUPERAntiSpyware much more than Spy Hunter 4, since Spy Hunter 4 does not fix problems in free mode). I have already used SUPERAntiSpyware to remove all threats, and restarted my computer. Spybot still closes, though.

Thanks in advance!

tashi
2010-07-24, 05:17
Hello Honor,

I had no anti-virus installed when Spybot was closing unexpectedly. Now, I have installed Spy Hunter 4 and SUPERAntiSpyware
So you don't have an anti virus program installed, how long have you used the Internet without one?

Best regards. :)

Honor
2010-07-24, 05:36
I'm really sorry, I forgot to say I sometimes make some scans with Avast!. But I am incredibly careful with what I am accessing and downloading, even though I know that's not enough.

I've never had any problems like computer failures or any signs of viruses, though.

Anyway, to answer your question, for about three years :lip:

Do you think you know what the problem is? If not, are there any ways to find out what it is? Thanks a lot once again!

By the way, do you recommend any free anti-virus?

lewisje
2010-07-24, 05:46
Not everyone has enough raw power to spare to handle a typical resident anti-virus program...

tashi
2010-07-24, 06:08
Hi Honor,

Do you think you know what the problem is? If not, are there any ways to find out what it is?
Not sure what the problem is yet. :)

By the way, do you recommend any free anti-virus?
Avast! has a free version but you said,

I sometimes make some scans with Avast!.

Anyway, to answer your question, for about three years :lip:
Is Avast! installed?

Please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and let us know the version and date of last definitions.

Best regards,

Honor
2010-07-24, 20:22
If it wasn't, I have just installed it.

Also, here is what you asked: http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af264/dudu-epicduel/spybotversion.jpg

Thanks! ^-^

tashi
2010-07-24, 22:11
Hello Honor,

If it wasn't, I have just installed it.
:wink:

Have you ran a scan with this Anti Virus yet?

Best regards.

closing
2010-07-25, 21:59
Unfortunately, I have the same problem. It goes to 129992/1271990 then it closes. Also, whenever I open up Spybot Search & Destory, it plays a sound that says "Oh my gosh, no way!". It also does that when i start a new scan after stopping the last one. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. If it is, how do I remove it? Thanks,
closing

tashi
2010-07-25, 23:20
Hello closing,

Also, whenever I open up Spybot Search & Destory, it plays a sound that says "Oh my gosh, no way!". It also does that when i start a new scan after stopping the last one. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. If it is, how do I remove it?
Please see this FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and copy paste the log into it, an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

If DDS won't run please start a new thread anyway and make note of the situation.

Best regards. :)