PDA

View Full Version : Win32.FraudPack I need help :(

MamaJess
2010-08-05, 03:57
Hey there, I'm new so please forgive me if this has been asked. I tried to look and see.....

Today McAfee threw up an alert indicating I had this. It did the quarantine and I let it remove it. Ran a full virus scan and everything was fine. Checked with SpyBot and it's still here I guess. Let it fix it and ran it again....still here.

Says this:
C:\users\owner\appdata\local\temp\e.exe for what I guess is where it's hiding?

I'm not all computer smart. Semi smart but not about this stuff. Is it possible to get rid of this thing? Can I delete that temp folder? I can't find where the "e.exe" is. I found the stupid appdata folder and have been looking.

Also, this is probably even more stupid but how the heck does one get one of these viruses?

I thought I was doing everything right....firewall, anti-virus junk....anti-spyware junk....what'd I do wrong?

Thanks for any help :)

DFW
2010-08-05, 08:09
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.
Hi MamaJess and welcome..

I'm DFW and I am going to try and help you with your Malware problem. Please observe the following points and rules while we work:

The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!.
The clean up process can take time. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Some of the Logs we ask for can take some time to Analise, so please be patient.

Before we start:

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.Neither Safer Networking Forums nor the Analyst providing the advice may be held responsible for any loss.

First off, can you please follow the instructions from the topic below and post the required logs.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Dakeyras
2010-08-08, 22:39
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh set of DDS logs and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.