PDA

View Full Version : A nasty winlogon trojan..

Robster
2006-07-18, 02:46
Hi I have a winlogon trojan I can't remove. Have tried many things including running from safe mode. It won't let me logon to the user a/c to delete the files I think are causing it to load popups in both firefox and explorer.

hi jack this logfile is..Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:44:22 AM, on 18/07/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\desk98.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMOAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskswitch.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NTS\ENTERN~1\app\pppoeservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\tmproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PccPfw.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com.au/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HydraVisionDesktopManager] desk98.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HijackThis startup scan] C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe /startupscan
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\npjpi150_07.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\npjpi150_07.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Shell Extensions - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ktj0l71m1.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (PccPfw) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PccPfw.exe
O23 - Service: PPPoE Service (PPPoEService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\NTS\ENTERN~1\app\pppoeservice.exe
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\tmproxy.exe

Please advise what's my next move

I think the file are in the internet explorer temp directory and windows/sys 32

pskelley
2006-07-18, 15:55
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am just slightly confused here, if this is your computer how can you not, as administrator, have access to all areas?

This is a Look2me infection, let's run the tool and see what happens, please follow the directions carefully.

Please download Look2Me-Destroyer.exe (http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=7) to your desktop.
Close all windows before continuing.
Double-click Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to run it.
Put a check next to Run this program as a task.
You will receive a message saying Look2Me-Destroyer will close and re-open in approximately 10 seconds. Click OK
When Look2Me-Destroyer re-opens, click the Scan for L2M button, your desktop icons will disappear, this is normal.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove L2M button.
You will receive a Done Scanning message, click OK.
When completed, you will receive this message: Done removing infected files! Look2Me-Destroyer will now shutdown your computer, click OK.
Your computer will then shutdown.
Turn your computer back on.
Please post the contents of C:\Look2Me-Destroyer.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

If Look2Me-Destroyer does not reopen automatically, reboot and try again.

If you receive a message from your firewall about this program accessing the internet please allow it.

If you receive a runtime error '339' please download MSWINSCK.OCX from the link below and place it in your C:\Windows\System32 Directory.
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/MSWINSCK.OCX

More info:

If for some reason Look2Me-Destroyer doesn't reopen check that task scheduler is running.
If it isnt you can use sc.exe to start it

start>run sc start schedule press enter.

Make sure to restart the computer and post C:\Look2Me-Destroyer.txt and a new HiJackThis log. Please add any comments you think will help and let me know how the computer is running now.

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums

tashi
2006-07-23, 20:02
As the information requested has not been provided, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.