PDA

View Full Version : download disappearing from desktop

blacknblue
2010-08-06, 07:48
Just want to check my sanity here. I just got windows 7 home premium and downloaded spybot from one of the servers. I'm using firefox and after it was done checking it for viruses the exe. just disappeared from the desktop. I read the post saying it needed to be run with admin. rights so before it was done scanning I right clicked and gave it rights before it went away. I tried downloading from different mirrors and finally went to cnet. I have norton 2010. Am I going crazy here or is it disappearing for other people as well? Thanks

daemon
2010-08-06, 23:20
Do you still see this problem when you deactivate/uninstall Norton 2010?

daemon

blacknblue
2010-08-06, 23:39
Thanks for the quick response
Well I didn't try to deactivate it but I have had issues with norton 2010 with my router as well. I had to turn off the parental and privacy controls for it to let me get to the internet. I did get spybot to stay up on the desktop long enough for me to install it by right clicking to allow admin rights, the immunization took a really long time. I'm running tea timer for the first time ever so I'm not sure in the first time running the immunize tool that it takes that long but for now it's running fine. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience where after downloading the exe. if it just disappeared.