PDA

View Full Version : Undo "don't detect". Help please

Gary-gtx
2006-07-18, 14:42
Hi all.

I recently installed Spybot and after it had done it's 1st scan, I got the '2 x windows security alert' messages. I read the details etc and believed these to be my antivirus package turning off the alerts, as not to duplicate them.

This was fine, but I inadvertanly clicked on another alert, 'Webtrends' which told Spybot not to find this on it's scans.

Could you please let me know how to 'undo' this, so I can run the scan again and hav Spybot re-find this potential problem?

Or should I just uninstall and reinstall Spybot?

Many Thanx.
Gary.

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-18, 15:45
There are two types of excludes:
"Exclude this detection from further searches"
"Exclude this product from future scans"
If you used "Exclude this detection from further searches", go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore single entries > select the item you want to reinstate > Right click > select "Remove this exclude from the list".

If you used "Exclude this product from further searches", go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products > locate the item that you excluded and uncheck it (the item can be located either in the "All products" tab or if the detection that you received was actually "WebTrends live" it will also appear in the "Cookies.sbi" tab).

Gary-gtx
2006-07-18, 19:08
md usa spybot fan.

Many thanx, that's sorted it.

I had Spybot set on the default mode and so couldn't get in the 'settings' etc.

Thanx again.

Gary.