PDA

View Full Version : I'm a total newbie

Atreides
2006-07-18, 16:32
I'm a total newbie - how do I find out the directories of the files that Spybot is searching? - so I can delete them. They are serving me no purpose
Cheers.

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-18, 17:00
If you don’t need the files that Spybot is searching, reformatting your hard drive will do it (just joking).

I am going to guess that you are looking at the scan status in the lower left hand corner of the screen while doing a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") and are seeing things that you don't think should be on your system. Is that right?

During the running of a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen shows the following:
"Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
xxxxx = Current check count.
yyyyy = Total check count.
zzzzz = Malware check being performed.

The zzzzz value is not what is on your system, it is the malware check being performed.

Atreides
2006-07-20, 15:48
I see.. So they arent actually files on my computur stated at the botttom left underneth the bar that says how far along the search is? Its what the program is checking for?

spybotsandra
2006-07-20, 16:49
Hello,

This is only the status bar displaying the products Spybot - Search & Destroy is currently searching for. It does not mean that all these items are on your PC.
So...don't worry.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot