PDA

View Full Version : Taskman troyan found - cannot delete.. ona.exe spreading to all drives

epr64
2010-08-15, 19:24
Hi,

I've got one (maybe two) issues..

1/ When running spybot, it detects a troyan "taskman" in the registery. I ask for cleaning, it seems to be cleaned, but reappears every time I rerun Spybot.

At the same time, I have now a folder "Minus" on all my drives (USB key, camera card, etc..) with a file "ona.exe". The folder is hidden. There is also for each drive an "autorun.inf" file launching the "ona.exe" file. I cannot delete it ("in use by another program"), nor the autorun.inf file (same message).

Thx for any help you can provide.

Regards.

Y

raduzr
2010-08-18, 21:57
[QUOTE=epr64;380861]Hi,

1/ When running spybot, it detects a troyan "taskman" in the registery. I ask for cleaning, it seems to be cleaned, but reappears every time I rerun Spybot.

At the same time, I have now a folder "Minus" on all my drives (USB key, camera card, etc..) with a file "ona.exe". The folder is hidden. There is also for each drive an "autorun.inf" file launching the "ona.exe" file. I cannot delete it ("in use by another program"), nor the autorun.inf file (same message).

I have the same problem :(( with this little joke.
My trouble was that my antivir software (AVG) first doesn't see the thread...
If you want only to delete autorun.inf and Minus folder with ona.exe inside, is not so hard. Try to restart your PC having your USB key inside.
After that, ona.exe seems to not make an autorun so you can del this, but for nothing....second time when you put your stick inside the port you will get a fresh version of the files.
After I clean my regedit and defrag this, my AVG start to see the thread and move in quarantine....
The problem is not solved yet because in fact this two files are of course only the result of virus (a program something inside PC; after few full scan the antivir find nothing :((() so I can't find the source, but I'm able to neutralize the result!

raduzr
2010-08-18, 22:12
[QUOTE=epr64;380861]Hi,

I have the same problem :(( with this little joke.
My trouble was that my antivir software (AVG) first doesn't see the thread...
If you want only to delete autorun.inf and Minus folder with ona.exe inside, is not so hard. Try to restart your PC having your USB key inside.
After that, ona.exe seems to not make an autorun so you can del this, but for nothing....second time when you put your stick inside the port you will get a fresh version of the files.
After I clean my regedit and defrag this, my AVG start to see the thread and move in quarantine....
The problem is not solved yet because in fact this two files are of course only the result of virus (a program something inside PC; after few full scan the antivir find nothing :((() so I can't find the source, but I'm able to neutralize the result!

The problem seems to be solved, after AVG put this in quarantine and I manually delete the unwanted files!
Everything seems to go just OK right now!