PDA

View Full Version : Removing entries in Restricted Sites

bajajoel
2010-08-16, 20:19
Regarding removing the hundreds of entries in the IE 8 Restricted Sites zone, I've looked thru the forum Q&A's and it seems like the procedure is to click on Immunize, check all the entries listed that I want to remove from Restricted Sites, and click Undo.

My questions are:

1. Is the procedure above correct and complete?

2. One of the procedures I found in the forum dealt with Advanced mode, and unchecking the boxes for two of the items there ("Resident", etc.) -- should that be part of the process somehow?

3. Are there any entries in the Immunize section that should not be checked (i.e. not removed from Restricted Sites)? I assume it's fine to remove (check) everything?

Thanks-

Joel

spybotsandra
2010-08-17, 11:41
Hello,

1. No, it is not.
By the immunization of Spybot - Search & Destroy the baddies are blocked.
That means that the sites where the baddies come from are added to the restricted zones in order to block them.
If you want to remove those sites from the restricted zones you just need to undo the immunization.
Therefore please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
But warning! Then you won't have the protection!

2. The resident protection (TeaTimer and SDHelper) have nothing to do with the immunization.

3. It is not recommended to remove those sites from the restricted zones, because you won't have the protection Spybot offers.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot