PDA

View Full Version : Cant download anything to remove spyware?

Hailey
2010-08-21, 19:09
Hello,
I am new (again) to this forum, haven't been here in years happily as Ive been virus free. Not sure where to stick this, things are a lot different than they were the first time I was here, but I remember Blade fixed my computer previously, so I hope for the same again =)

I read the FAQs and started downloading everything instructed but I then started feeling like it was a bit excessive, and I am not trying to question a FAQ, as silly as that is .. but I didnt want to do anything unnecessary, either.

All of that being said! I think I have the Babylon virus, and/or others, and my problem is other than my computer acting completely bizzare, I can not download much of anything .. instant messagers, youtube videos, obviously nothing to remove the infection .. I was able to download Hijack This however, but if I remember right, it wasnt polite to post a hijack this log without being asked .. sooo I wont.

Sorry to make this so long, I just really dont want to offend anyone, as I was completely gracious of the help I recieved previously.

My largest problem, however, is my computer has spanish windows installed, and I havent found anyone to change it over yet .. I am not fluent in spanish, much less computer lingo, so please please be gentle.

Thanks in advance!!

tashi
2010-08-21, 20:03
Hello Hailey,

but I remember Blade fixed my computer previously, so I hope for the same again =)
This is your first post, perhaps you had a different account or Blade helped you at another site. :)

I read the FAQs and started downloading everything instructed but I then started feeling like it was a bit excessive, and I am not trying to question a FAQ, as silly as that is .. but I didnt want to do anything unnecessary, either.
The FAQ doesn't ask members to download anything but ERUNT to make a registry backup and DDS to provide a log.

I was able to download Hijack This however, but if I remember right, it wasnt polite to post a hijack this log without being asked .. sooo I wont.
DDS log preliminary log requested, not HJT (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=57063)

So that everyone is on the same track please see the FAQ again which includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic, copy paste the DDS log into it and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.