PDA

View Full Version : Can't run scan

Triantos
2010-08-23, 18:15
Hello, I tried to run a scan on spybot and I got an error message that said "You need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater" I clicked on update and downloaded all the available updates. Then I tried to run a scan and I got the same error message as before "You need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater" But now when I click on update I get a message saying "No newer updates available" What can I do?

Triantos
2010-08-23, 19:35
I simply re-installed spybot and the problem is fixed now.

tashi
2010-08-23, 20:28
Thank you for letting us know. :)

tony3152
2010-11-21, 10:55
I simply re-installed spybot and the problem is fixed now.

How did you re-install Spybot? I received the same message that you did in regards to the updates but when I try to un-install it from my computer it gives me an error message that says:

Messages file"C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot-Search & Destroy\unins000msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

When I try to install it from the website it tells me that I have the latest version. Are there any tricks to the trade that I should be aware of? Where do I go from here???

Thanks,
Tony

spybotsandra
2010-11-22, 11:18
Hello,

You can simply install over the existing version. ;)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

drewb0y
2010-11-22, 19:41
I get the same error on the paid LiveCD. It boots and launches the update, downloads the updates, and then when I try to check for problems it gives the same error. If I check for updates from inside the program, it says none available.