PDA

View Full Version : Immunization disappear after CCLEANER?

GEEWIZ
2010-09-01, 19:08
I have noticed last several updates of immunization that it would show the Mozilla Foxfire with no protection and list 14,400 unprotected. Total of some 43,000+ unprotected. So immunization takes longer than it used to, then I thought COULD IT BE that CCLEANER formerly known as Crap Cleaner, could be somehow wiping out the immunization that had been installed? It is a serious problem in that I surf the net feeling I have that protection when it seems to not be there. Is there anything S&D can do to cure this problem?

CCLEANER is an important part of computer security also.

Thanks.

Gopher John
2010-09-01, 20:41
What you are seeing may not be CCleaner. See Spybot will not immunize firefox. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=56453&highlight=Site+Preferences)

GEEWIZ
2010-09-01, 23:52
Gopher John,
Thanks, you are right, it ISN'T the CCLEANER I just opened the S&D Immunization and it was showing 0 unprotected then closed it did the CCLEANER then reopened the S&D Immunization and said 0 unprotected.
What you linked IS the problem. I just hadn't reopened Mozilla before the test. That EXPLAINS it.
I hope Team Spybot makes a prominent thread stickied on this topic when it is finally resolved.
Thanks Again GJ!

Gopher John
2010-09-02, 03:25
Follow the instructions in that thread. There is no way that SpyBot Search & Destroy can prevent Firefox clearing site preferences if you've set it that way. More than immunizations are stored there.