PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Wouldn't Start, No Virus. Tried SuperAntiSpyware, but No Help.

TomZXu
2010-09-02, 01:00
Hello!

My Google Search Links are being redirected to Annoying Websites. My Antivirus did not find any Viruses. And, Spybot or Antimalwarebyte's Anti-Malware wouldn't start no matter what I do. (I read the special forum post here on how to start Spybot in various ways.)

I have been trying to battle some kind of a Malware infection. I learnt about SuperAntiSpyware and ran it. It found some infections, but it seems that things are not back to Normal. Spybot has been my saviour in the past and now it still wouldn't start.

I do not know how to proceed. And, I have been scouring the Internet for help, but to no avail because either my clicks get redirected or they lead me to the same solutions: download something and try running it.

Please help!

tashi
2010-09-02, 03:25
Hello TomZXu,

Please see the forum FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic, copy paste the DDS log into it and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

If DDS won't run please start a new thread anyway and provide a link back to this topic.

Best regards. :)